One of the best bonuses of this low fat chicken recipe is it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare,after marinading the chicken.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1 green onion, chopped
- green lettuce, torn
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Place chicken, 1 Tbsp soy sauce & crushed red pepper in a plastic container. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours, or even overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, discard marinade
- Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Mix 1 Tsp soy sauce with corn starch. Toss with chicken.
- Saute chicken in EVOO in stages. (about 6 minutes or until done)
- Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch, honey, 1 Tbsp EVOO, white wine vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder. Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice
- Toss honey mixture, chicken, and pecans.
- Make each salad by layering from bottom up: lettuce, chicken mixture, green onions, parmesan cheese
- Serves 4
Omit crushed red pepper & chili pepper if your family does not like spicy foods. It will still be yummy!